Committed to the adoption of cloud computing
Cloud computing has brought about a step change in the economics and sustainability of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Government is committed to the adoption of cloud computing and delivering computing resources.
The G-Cloud framework is an iterative programme of work to achieve this which will deliver fundamental changes in the way the public sector procures and operates ICT.
The G-Cloud strategy will:
We have been successful in all Lots that we applied for. These are:
- Achieve large, cross government economies of scale;
- Deliver ICT systems that are flexible and responsive to demand in order to support government policies and strategies;
- Take advantage of new technologies in order to deliver faster business benefits and reduce cost;
- Meet environmental and sustainability targets;
- Allow government to procure in a way that encourages a dynamic and responsive supplier marketplace and supports emerging suppliers.
- Lot 2 – Platform as a Service
- Lot 3 – Software as a Service
- Lot 4 – Specialist Consultancy Services